Asian Avocado Salsa
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste (horseradish paste)*
- 2 cups coarsely chopped trimmed watercress (leaves and tender stems from 2 medium bunches)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup 1/3-inch cubes peeled jicama
- 2 large avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
Stir sesame seeds in dry skillet over medium heat until aromatic and light golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer to small bowl to cool.
Whisk next 6 in large bowl to blend. Add watercress, green onions, and jicama; toss to coat. Gently stir in avocados. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 hour ahead. Cover; chill.
Sprinkle salsa with toasted sesame seeds and serve chilled.
To keep avocados from discoloring after they're diced, place them in a strainer or colander and rinse under cold running water, then drain well. The color will stay bright for at least an hour.