Potato Salad with Pickles and Dill
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Bread and butter pickles add an appealing texture and vinegary kick; Creole mustard and a dash of hot sauce balance the sweetness. For the best flavor, chill this salad a few hours (or up to one day) before serving, so the flavors meld.
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (preferably Duke’s)
- 1/3 cup bread and butter pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons Creole or spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 freshly ground black pepper
Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with 3" cold water; add 1 Tbsp. salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until tender 15–20 minutes. Drain; let cool slightly, then, cut into 1 1/2" pieces.