Mussels with Tomatoes, Wine, and Anise
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 6 tablespoons anise-flavored liqueur (such as Pernod, pastis, or ouzo)
- 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Add mussels, 2 tablespoons parsley, anchovies, and garlic, then liqueur; stir to blend. Boil 1 minute. Add tomato sauce and wine. Cover and cook until mussels open, about 6 minutes (discard any mussels that do not open). Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Divide mussels and sauce among 4 shallow bowls. Drizzle mussels with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley.