Chicken and Frisée Salad with Roasted Red Peppers, Toasted Almonds, and Manchego
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Pimentón de La Vera (Spanish smoked paprika)
- 2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large head of frisée (about 8 ounces), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup drained roasted red peppers from jar, cut into thin strips
- 1 3-pound purchased chicken, meat torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 ounces shaved Manchego cheese (about 1/2 cup)
Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over low heat. Add almonds and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant and golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer almonds to paper towels; sprinkle with Pimentón de La Vera and season with salt. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Whisk shallot, vinegar, and oil in small bowl to blend. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Place frisée, red peppers, and chicken meat in large serving bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle salad with almonds and cheese.
A vegetable peeler is the perfect tool for shaving Manchego cheese.