Curried Chicken Sandwich
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Burgers aren't the only grilled things we want to eat with our hands. Thanks to a flavorful brine and a supershort cook time, sandwich-friendly boneless breasts take on a whole new life between two slices of bread.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 pound), halved horizontally
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise plus more for serving
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 large or 8 small slices country-style bread
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup picked dill with tender stems
Combine chicken and Curry Brine in a large resealable plastic bag, seal, and turn to coat. Chill at least 4 hours.
Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Combine celery, fennel, yogurt, lemon juice, celery seeds, and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set slaw aside.
Grill chicken until cooked through, 5–7 minutes per side. Brush bread on both sides with oil and grill until toasted, about 2 minutes per side; spread with mayonnaise. Build sandwiches with bread, chicken, slaw, onion, and dill.
DO AHEAD: Chicken can be brined 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.