Grilled Salmon with Basil Aioli
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 large egg yolks (preferably organic)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced (1 1/3 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon (generous) hot pepper sauce
- 1 2-1/2- to 3-pound skinless salmon fillet (about 1 inch thick)
- Blistered Baby Zucchini, Baby Pattypan Squash, and Grilled Tomatoes
Whisk egg yolks, basil, garlic, anchovies, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl. Whisk in 2 tablespoons oil a few drops at a time, then gradually whisk in remaining oil in thin stream. Whisk in 1 tablespoon warm water, lemon juice, and hot pepper sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
Prepare barbecue (high heat). Brush grill rack with oil. Brush salmon with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill salmon uncovered 5 minutes. Using 2 large spatulas, carefully turn fish over. Grill until fish just begins to flake in center, 4 to 5 minutes longer. Transfer salmon to platter. Arrange Blistered Baby Zucchini, Baby Pattypan Squash, and Grilled Tomatoes around salmon. Serve with aioli.