Thai-Flavored Green Curry with Sweet Potato, Green Beans, and Chicken
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, quartered, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons green Thai curry paste (preferably Thai and True brand)
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed, quartered, cut into 1/2” chunks
- 3 cups trimmed green beans, cut in 2” pieces
- 1 large skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in 1” pieces
- 20 basil leaves, preferably Thai (optional)
- Canned unsweetened coconut milk is sold at Indian, Latin, and Southeast Asian markets and many supermarkets.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring often, until onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Add curry paste; stir for 1 minute. Whisk in coconut milk and 1 cup water. Add sweet potato and cook, uncovered, until sauce thickens to a creamy consistency, about 10 minutes. Stir in green beans, cover, and cook for 2 minutes. Fold chicken into mixture, cover, and cook until sweet potato is tender and chicken is just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt. Turn off heat and toss basil leaves, if using, into the curry.