Moroccan Halibut and Carrots
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 5-ounce 1-inch-thick halibut fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon (generous) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (generous) cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, divided
- 1 cup 1/4x1/4x2 1/2-inch sticks peeled carrots (cut from 2 large)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then with half of cinnamon and cayenne. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish. Sauté until brown and just opaque in center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plates. Remove skillet from heat and wipe out. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter, carrots, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and remaining cinnamon and cayenne. Toss to blend. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until carrots are just tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in mint. Mound carrots on fish and serve.