Linguine with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped red jalapeño chiles
- 12 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 12 slender asparagus, trimmed, cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups (packed) fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, plus additional for garnish
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and jalapeño; sauté 1 minute. Add wine and butter; boil 2 minutes. Add shrimp, asparagus, and lemon juice. Toss until asparagus is just tender and shrimp are just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
Drain pasta and add to skillet; add 2 cups sliced basil leaves and toss until basil wilts and sauce coats pasta, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta between 2 plates. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and lemon wedges and serve.