Chicken Nug Sauce Trio
The not-new but definitely improved Mickey D's holy trinity is right here. A must-have with Dale Talde's Chicken Nugs.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup diced (¼ inch) Spanish onion
- 2 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
Sweet Chile Sauce
- Any Asian sweet chile sauce, such as the Mae Ploy brand
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until it shimmers. Add onion, garlic, and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic smells toasty and onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, increase the heat, and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer for 15 minutes to let the flavors meld. Let it cool to warm, then transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Let it cool to room temperature before serving.
Do Ahead: Sauce keeps in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Honey Mustard Sauce
Combine honey and mustard and stir well.